Selena Gomez's openness about mental health and self-acceptance serves as a beacon of wisdom, reminding the world of the importance of embracing the natural changes in a woman's body.

 Selena Gomez has opened up about the severe effects that the paparazzi pictures from her 2018 trip to Sydney had on her. 

During her break from her Stars Dance Tour, the 31-year-old performer stopped by Harbour City in March of that year and was captured on camera lounging on a boat while wearing a bikini.

Selena Gomez has shared the intense emotional toll paparazzi photos from her trip to Sydney in 2018 had on her. Pictured

Selena remembered how photographs of her bare scars from her 2017 kidney transplant surgery and her naturally shifting figure as she approached her mid-20s gave internet bullies a field day.

The former Disney prodigy talked about the intense strain she felt from the internet scrutiny in an interview with Fast Company.

The 31-year-old artist visited the Harbour City in March of that year while she was on her Stars Dance Tour, and during her downtime she was photographed relaxing on a yacht in a bikini

Gomez claims that after learning of the backlash against the paparazzi images, she decided to take a hiatus from social media to criticize society’s unrealistic ideals of beauty. 

She described “the beauty myth” as a preoccupation with physical perfection that keeps modern women stuck in a never-ending cycle of self-loathing, self-consciousness, and self-hatred as they strive to meet society’s unrealistic standards for flawless beauty.

Gomez says she was made aware of criticism to the paparazzi photos, and broke her social media break to call out society¿s unachievable beauty standards

Gomez said to the publication that she had previously been struggling with her body image during an awkward photo shoot fitting, during which she realized her physique was no longer that of a “teenager.”

Selena recalled internet trolls had a field day over paparazzi photos of her baring scars from her 2017 kidney transplant surgery and her naturally-changing shape as she began to enter her mid 20s

She said, “It would make me feel embarrassed that none of the sample sizes fit.” 

“However, is it really realistic to expect the body of a normal woman to remain the same?” 

'The beauty myth ¿ an obsession with physical perfection that traps modern woman in an endless cycle of hopelessness, self-consciousness, and self-hatred as she tries to fulfil society's impossible definition of flawless beauty,' she explained

“There were times when I would look at pictures on Instagram and think, ‘Wow, I wish my body looked like that,'” making me feel bad about how I looked. 

In 2020, the artist—who was renowned for her candid disclosure about her mental state—was given a bipolar disorder diagnosis. 

'None of the sample sizes were fitting, and that would make me feel embarrassed,' she explained. 'Although, how unrealistic is it to expect a normal woman's body not to change?'

“I had a really difficult season.” She told the publication, “It was my highs and lows, and I didn’t know what to do, so I couldn’t control it.”

“I would like to postpone things.” It was merely a tortured sensation.

Because of this, my reaction upon learning that I had bipolar disorder was simply, “Oh, okay, I feel a bit relieved, I understand a bit more.”

I obtained second views. I visited a doctor. I have the good fortune to have individuals in my life that can support me on a daily basis.

Read More
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

ads đầu bài

ads cuối bài